Style Haul featuring Tobi ... in the Hamptons!


A few weeks ago I was contacted by a clothing brand called Tobi. They were interested in partnering on a style haul for Beauty Babble, and when I looked at the clothing on their site, they didn't have to do much more to convince me to say yes.

I don't talk about my style on the blog too often, but I'll tell you there's one predominant word that describes it: black. I simply love black clothing - I find it sophisticated, easy to wear, elegant and ever-flattering, and after reading Marie Kondo's now infamous book "The Life-changing Magic of Tidying Up," I feel even more strongly that every item of clothing I put on my body should make me feel nothing short of fabulous.

Of course, Tobi sells clothing in a variety of colors, but when I clicked through their site and saw their devotion to a style aesthetic that was simple, modern, edgy and trendy, I knew I'd have no problem finding items to try.

Ultimately Tobi sent me three pieces of clothing -- two dresses and a blazer -- and asked me to share my lookbook on the blog. Fortunately, the timing was just right, as I was about to depart on a girls' weekend trip to the Hamptons -- talk about a scenic place to take photos. All of the images you see here come from one of my besties and photographer/blogger extraordinaire, Tausha C. of The Globe Getter. Enjoy!

ITEM NUMBER ONE: SHINE ON SHIFT DRESS

My thoughts: This dress is SO comfortable to wear. It zips up the back and lays perfectly on the body, skimming over your curves and highlighting your shoulders and legs. It's short, but not too short, and the beaded detailing on the shoulder adds an immediate element of edge to an otherwise simple, elegant cut. The fabric is light and airy, the garment is well-made.... My only complaint? Wrinkles!




ITEM NUMBER TWO: MISS HIS KISSES MESH MAXI DRESS

My thoughts: When I first tried on this dress, I had a mini moment of panic, as I quickly realized there was no good way to wear a bra with it. Due to the design of the mesh cutouts, any style bra peeks through. I went brave and bare, and thankfully, due to the wide, adjustable straps, I was able to hike the ladies up and feel supported. Note this dress runs long -- even with four-inch wedges I was tripping over the bottom (I'm 5'4" and was wearing a medium).


 


ITEM NUMBER THREE: ANGLES ALL AROUND BLAZER

My thoughts: Of the three items, this was my least favorite. I was expecting a soft blazer based on the images on the website, but the fabric was of a more traditional suiting variety. Also, the sleeves ran really, really long. I ordered a medium and had no choice but to cuff them at least once (they're cuffed twice in these photos). Generally the fit was a bit more boxy than I expected, although the angles certainly made the garment feel modern and edgy. I'd pair with a tight dress or t-shirt and mini skirt next time!




Before we go, here are a few more notes about Tobi and my shopping experience:

1) All new customers get 50% (yes, 50%!) off their first order -- normally customers can return/exchange items (I couldn't since I received them for free). This means there's very little risk to giving the site (and their clothing) a try!

2) I don't think their sizing chart is super accurate. According to their measurements, I should have purchased a large in everything. I got mediums and probably could have fit into a small in the blazer and possibly the shift dress. So take things with a grain of salt and think carefully about the construction of the item and how it might lay when you pick a size.

3) Tobi is an online-only boutique based in LA, but they ship to 150+ countries worldwide and publish 20-30 new arrivals every day. Beware, shopping addicts. :)

Overall, I'm happy with the items I received, especially given the affordable pricing, and I could certainly see myself shopping with the brand again in the future. Have you ever purchased anything from the site? If so, let me know how your experience was in the comments section below!

Some items pictured were provided complimentary by Tobi, but all opinions are my own!



0 comments :

Post a Comment

 

Popular Posts

PHLBloggers
Follow on Bloglovin