Review: NEW! Neutrogena Hydrating Eye Makeup Remover Lotion


I have a love-hate relationship with makeup removers. I love what they do, but I hate the way they feel on my skin! First, there are those oily ones that make your whole face feel greasy as a slab of bacon. Then there are the non-oily ones that, despite being labeled as EYE makeup removers, somehow still manage to burn the crap out of your peepers if the product accidentally seeps in. And of course, I can't leave out the makeup remover wipes that cost more, run out faster, and if you're anything like me, cause your skin to be dry and itchy afterward. Yes, folks, I have tried many-a-makeup remover in my time, and the only one I ever discovered and liked (it was by Nivea) was discontinued several years ago. Alas, to Nivea's detriment, and my benefit, I've found a dupe in Neutrogena's New Hydrating Eye Makeup Remover LOTION.  That's no mistake, this product does indeed have the consistency of a lotion, and after using it for about a week now, I can proudly say it has me in product heaven.

According to the packaging:
"This light, residue-free lotion gently dissolves your hard to remove eye makeup while conditioning your eye area. The unique formula quickly removes makeup -- even waterproof mascara -- yet is gentle enough to use daily. Plus, a replenishing blend of cucumber and aloe extracts helps smooth the look of dry lines and puffiness. Your skin will look clean and refreshed, feel soothed and hydrated."

The packaging also notes that while the product is called an eye makeup remover, it can also be used to remove your facial makeup.

Here's What I Think...
I haven't used this product with waterproof mascara yet, so I can't talk to that claim, AND it's hard to tell if it really affects the puffiness and fine lines since I'm using other products to battle that. BUT, those things aside, I really love everything about this product. Firstly, the product really does have the same consistency of a light, non-greasy lotion -- I just rubbed a dot into my hands and it had absorbed within about 20 seconds and left my skin feeling smooth and residue free. Secondly, you need SO LITTLE of this makeup remover to get the job done, meaning that the 3 oz bottle will last you a LONG time. As a point of reference, I used to need both sides of a cotton ball coated in makeup remover to totally get all the shadow, liner and mascara off one eye. Now I need just one cotton ball for BOTH eyes (one side for each) and I'm using only the tiniest dot of product (about 1/2 of a pea size). Thirdly, this product does NOT sting your eyes, which is always a plus, and the "hydrating" part is subtle enough that I'd even recommend this product for oily skin types. The only downside I can think to mention is that is doesn't have the nicest smell. It's certainly nothing pungent or repulsive, it just doesn't smell particularly great. By no means a reason not to try this product.

I purchased my tube at my local supermarket, so I'd venture to say you could probably find it at a nearby grocer or drugstore. Or, the Neutrogena store online is selling it for $6.99 (which I believe is what I paid, so it's good to know they aren't charging a markup!): http://tinyurl.com/27wm9nt. If you've tried this product, I'd love to hear what you thought of it in the comments section below!

To Recap:

Pros:
- Light, non-greasy formula absorbs quickly and leaves skin feeling smooth without a residue
- Very little product is required to remove eye and face makeup easily and completely
- The product does not burn eyes!
- It's cheap! Just $6.99 for 3 oz of product.
- LOVE the lotion formula!

Cons:
- Smell isn't particularly appealing

1 comments :

  1. i just bought this. i love it. i dont think the smell is bad at all. its not strong i think thats why i don tmind it. but the feel of it on my skin feels good. its real light

    ReplyDelete

 

Blog Archive

I'm a member of Lady Project!

Popular Posts

PHLBloggers
Follow on Bloglovin