June Favorites!

Hello and welcome to my very first favorites post! Of all the beauty videos I watch on YouTube (and I watch more than I probably should), monthly "Favorites" vlogs are, well, my favorites! In my opinion, it's so much fun to see what other products my fellow makeup fanatics are loving each month, and it gives me ideas for things I'd like to try. For length purposes (since this is a blog and not a video), I've restricted my favorites to seven items in haircare, skincare, makeup, perfume and more! Enjoy and leave a comment below letting me know what your favorite products are this month!

Hair Care Favorite: Coloresse Rescue Treatment Masque
If you'd like to see my full review on the Coloresse line of haircare products, go here. I've been using this system for about 7 months now and have really loved what the products have done for my hair, but it wasn't until June that I decided to try the deep conditioner, which is called the "Rescue Treatment Masque" (according to the bottle it "revives dry, weak color-treated hair with sunflower seed extract, vitamin E and vegetable protein plus natural oils and silicones"). I use the blue bottles, which are supposedly for "severely dry and damaged hair," so I'm not sure if a similar deep conditioner is sold in the other colors/hair types. As I said in my overall review of the brand, my hair is certainly a bit dry and damaged from coloring it, but I wouldn't go so far as to say the damage is severe and yet I find these products to be perfect for me. I've been using the deep conditioner every other time I wash my hair instead of my traditional conditioner. I usually smooth the product all over my hair, comb through it with a wide-toothed shower comb and then let it sit for another 2-3 minutes before rinsing it out. The results are immediate and amazing! In the shower, my hair feels SO soft and silky, and when I blow dry it, I notice that my hair is much smoother and shinier than the days I don't use it. I also haven't noticed any additional greasiness in conjunction with this product, which is good because sometimes overconditioning can do that. I'm actually tempted to use it EVERY time I shower because of how much I love it!

Skincare Favorite: Garnier Nutritioniste Skin Renew Anti-Fatigue Eye Cream
I purchased this product about a month ago and wanted to make sure I used it for a good long time before posting a review. Now, since the timing worked out, I decided I'd just include it in my monthly favorites! Although not a miracle worker, I am really enjoying this product, especially given the pricepoint compared to most eye creams (it's usually around $12, but I just found one in the clearance rack at my local supermarket for $6). After about four weeks of use, I've definitely noticed a clear change in my undereye circles and bags. The most obvious result is a lessening in the puffiness of the bags under my eyes, although my dark circles are noticeably lighter as well. The one thing I can't say I've noticed any change in is the fine lines under my eyes. Somehow I think I'd need a much more dramatic procedure to help that! What I've been doing is applying a pea sized amount under my eye and all over my eyelid every morning and night after applying my moisturizer (it doesn't say whether to apply it under or over your moisturizer, so I just do it last). The tube is just .5 fl oz, but because you're using such a small amount, it should last a long time. Makes me curious as to whether or not some of the other Garnier skincare products are as good! If you've tried any (and have liked or disliked them), please let me know in the comments section!

Fragrance Favorite: Bath & Body Works Summer Vanillas "Coconut" Fragrance Mist
If you didn't know already, Bath & Body Works has been having a HUGE sale the last few weeks with almost all of their products on some sort of promotion (discontinued fragrances/lotions are more than 50% off, all soaps were $3-$4 each and they had an amazing offer on their signature collection items where if you bought any three you got three free!). I prefer B&BW products over Lush products, so this sale drew me in and I immediately gravitated to the Summer Vanillas products because I love sweet, light scents. When I saw that they had Coconut/Vanilla, I was sold! I think coconut is the perfect summer scent because it automatically brings up vacation/beach/sun imagery and totally relaxes me! I'm not really sure how this product is any different from their permanent line of body sprays, except perhaps that it's a seasonal product. The overall lightness of the scent is the same that you would expect from a body splash. The bottle comes with 8 fl oz of product for $12.50 (but I got mine free because of the sale!). I also bought the matching body lotion and love that too!

Lipstick and Lipgloss Favorites: MAC's Viva Glam Cyndi lipstick and MAC's Elle lipglass
I've recently become sort of obsessed with lipsticks -- for summer it just feels so fun and daring to do a bright, bold lip. Unfortunately, I already have several bright pink lipsticks, so I didn't want to spend money for Viva Glam Gaga (which I actually think is too light for my very fair skin), so the last time I went to MAC I opted for the Viva Glam Cyndi instead and I LOVE IT! It's the perfect shade of red for my skintone -- not too vampy, but still bold. I especially love that it's so versatile and can be layered on for night or toned down for day. When I want to wear this to work, I find that Elle lipglass is a perfect complement as it's more white/clear, so it doesn't really add much color, just softens up the red a bit and makes it super shimmery (not glittery). A great combo!

Random Favorite: MAC's 181SE brush
I got this brush last month as part of a kit from my local CCO, so I'm honestly not sure if this is even available for sale through regular MAC stores any more, but I just had to rave about it, because it's probably my favorite kabuki brush ever! What I like about it, is that it's very soft, very densely packed and small. I had been previously using a Laura Mercier angled kabuki brush to buff in powders, but found that the big size made me apply the product unevenly because I couldn't effectively concentrate on a small area at a time. This brush size, on the other hand, really makes for precise application!

Eyeshadow Favorite: MAC's Mineralize Eyeshadow in Love Connection
Guys, this is seriously one of my FAVORITE summer shadows and I have been reaching for it almost every day as an all-over-my-eyelid color and/or highlight. It may not look like much in the pan, but when the two sides are blended together, it makes for a perfectly sparkly champagne color that gives your eye an effortless glow. It's also incredibly versatile and blends with almost any brown, coral, purple or even blue shade. I also love that, in general, the Mineralize eyeshadows from MAC are sold in bigger pans than the standard shadows because it means this one will last me that much longer!

So there you have it, my short but sweet June favorites! I can't wait to read your's!

3 comments :

  1. I've used Garnier anti-spot roll-on and I love it! although its meant to only be applied on the spot or pimple area, I use it as a tinted mositurizer and it works just as good. just suggesting :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hair Care Favorite: Coloresse Rescue Treatment Masque, is the best. I want it but, I can't find it anywhere. I love the product but someone said it's not being made any more. Can I purchase it from you? Or do you have someone I can get it from? Thank you,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Cleone! Thanks for your comment. Unfortunately, it does appear that this product may have been discontinued, which is very sad! You may want to try eBay, as you can often find sellers with stocked discontinued products on there. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

 

Blog Archive

I'm a member of Lady Project!

Popular Posts

PHLBloggers
Follow on Bloglovin