Summer Lovin with Urban Decay (Featuring UD's Summer of Love kit)


As an eyeshadow junkie, Urban Decay is fast becoming one of my favorite makeup brands. I love, love, love their adorable packaging (they are second only to Benefit in my opinion), I think their eyeshadow colors are gorgeous and I swear by their Primer Potion. This adoration brings me to the subject of this post! Urban Decay's Summer of Love palette has elevated itself to top placement on my makeup counter as my summer go-to shadow box. Although it only comes with four colors, they somehow manage to make for endless looks, whether I'm going for a beachy nude look or a dramatic shimmer at night.


Here's what you get in the kit:

- Four eyeshadows in Flash (a purple with a metallic finish, but no glitter), Maui Wowie (a shimmery taupe/olive green), Chopper (a sparkly peachy nude) and Smog (a metallic, glitter-free bronze).
- A mini UD Primer Potion in Sin
- A mini 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Bourbon, which is a dark reddish brown

...All of this is packaged in an adorable, purse-friendly magnetic palette with a mirror!






Flash, Maui Wowie, Chopper and Smog

At this point you might be wondering: What is it that makes me love this palette so much? Firstly, let me say that if you have used any Urban Decay eyeshadows before, you will know what I mean when I say they are heavenly. The colors are so rich and look beautiful whether you choose to pack them on at their full pigmentation, or blend them out for a subtle, natural glow. Plus, the shadows are silky smooth, easy to apply and don't have excess fall out.

The other thing I love about this palette is its portability and color selection. You could easily pair up Chopper and Smog for a natural work look, pop this palette into your purse and add Flash in your crease to brighten the color for a dinner out, or just pop Maui Wowie onto the highlight to wake up your face throughout the day. Each shade is so complementary to the others that you can create looks with any two, three or all four shades at once!

The ONE thing I don't love about this product is the price -- $29 -- but I rationalize (one of my strengths, hehe) by breaking it down and considering that I am getting six products for that price, which makes each around $5 (and then I compare that to the $14.50 that MAC charges for a single shadow and I feel better!). At the end of the day, if you ask me, it feels like you're getting a pretty good bang for your buck!

The Urban Decay Summer of Love palette is just one of many cute sets and kits that Urban Decay sells (I'm itching for their NAKED palette, which is part of the new fall collection!). Check out their Web site for more -- www.urbandecay.com -- or look for their products at Sephora (www.sephora.com) and ULTA (www.ulta.com).

Now it's your turn to spill: What's your favorite Urban Decay product?

0 comments :

Post a Comment

 

Blog Archive

I'm a member of Lady Project!

Popular Posts

PHLBloggers
Follow on Bloglovin