Nail of the Day: Yes, We Can Pink! By Essie


Over the last few days, I've been giving my nails a break from nail polish because they were in REALLY bad shape after polishing them continuously a few too many times (I read somewhere that it's important to give your bare nails a chance to breathe every once in a while). After three days though, I couldn't take the no nail polish look any longer and just had to do something! I chose Essie's "Yes We Can, Pink" (a shade created for the organization Living Beyond Breast Cancer) because I wanted a fairly neutral polish that would be easy to remove once I was ready so I could avoid having to douse my fingernails in the harsh chemicals of polish remover (it also doesn't hurt that I got it on sale at ULTA for $2.99!). But then it took FOUR COATS to get the opaque look seen in the picture above! Normally I use just two coats of polish, but with this shade, it's SO sheer that two coats still looks like bare nails. By three, you start to achieve coverage, but you can still see the line between your nail bed's pink/white portions. After four coats I finally achieved the opaqueness I was going for, but of course then it becomes a lot easier to smudge your nails because of the thickness of the layers. I just can't win! ;) Needless to say, I like the color, but wish there was a faster way to achieve it.

0 comments :

Post a Comment

 

Blog Archive

I'm a member of Lady Project!

Popular Posts

PHLBloggers
Follow on Bloglovin