Majorly Discounted Drugstore Haul!

As I'm sure many of you know, CVS has recently been holding a HUGE promotion on all makeup brands -- 50-75% off on select items! When I asked the store manager why there was such a major sale, she told me that they refresh their makeup stock every February and July, so to make room for all the new, they have to get rid of the old (and if you think about it, the "old" is really only five months on the shelves!). To be honest, I've been trying to resist this sale for a few weeks now, but yesterday I received $12 in CVS coupons for various products and when I got in there to spend it, unsurprisingly, I got overwhelmed by the amazing selection and came home with more than I bargained for! Now, it seems like I got a LOT here, but my total spend was just $33.57, which is less than I pay for ONE Lancome foundation (why do I compare everything to my Lancome foundation?). It felt good to walk away with some steals and deals, so I wanted to share my finds with all of you. If you have a chance, head to your local CVS and see what gems you can uncover for drastically reduced prices!

Lipsticks 
Maybelline Moisture Extreme Lipsticks were 50% off, so each was just $2.75! I picked up three: a coral (right, D160 Cool Watermelon), a sparkly pink (middle, A55 Orchid Frost) and a peachy nude (left, A12 Sugar Plum Ice).

Then I also picked up a Rimmel lipstick in a peach color (right, 202 Crush) for $1.32 (reduced from $5.29). Unfortunately, after trying the color on once I got home, I realized that the Rimmel lipstick actually doesn't suit me at all -- it's much too orange for my skin tone. That's the one bad thing about this sale: no returns are allowed! At least it was only $1.32! ;) 
Last for lips was a Cover Girl Infallible Never Fail Lipstick Duo in 30 Rose (left, it's lipstick plus conditioning topcoat) for $2.99 (reduced from $11.99!).
Here are all the colors swatched  (except the Infallible because I didn't want red marks on my hand all day!) both with and without a flash:

                                  With flash                                                  No flash

Eyes
Eye products are always my favorite, but unfortunately there wasn't a huge selection left to choose from. I still managed to pick up a few items, but in mostly boring shades (although really, the boring shades are usually the most wearable!).

The first thing I picked up was the Maybelline ExpertWear Eyeshadow in Seashell (left, a light pink with a shimmer finish) for $1.99 (reduced from $3.99).
I also picked up the NYC City Duet Eyeshadow in 811A Tribecca Toast (right), which has a pretty shimmery off-white color for a highlight and a dark chocolate brown matte color for contouring. This was .75 cents reduced from $3.00.  
Finally, for eye shadows, I picked up the NYC Color Wheel Mosaic Eye Powder in 824B Purple Rain (left, purples are my favorite eye shades) for $1.25, reduced from $5.00. Unfortunately, I noticed when I got home that this one was a bit broken, but thankfully, still usable!

 
Rounding out the eye products, I picked up a L'Oreal Pencil Perfect Self-Advancing Eyeliner in 140 Sage for $2.12 reduced from $8.49 and a Maybelline Define-A-Lash Waterproof Volume mascara in 832 Brownish Black for $4.15 reduced from $8.29.

Face
Most of the clearance face products weren't available in pasty pale, so I was only able to get one item, the L'Oreal Bare Naturale Gentle Mineral Powder in 408 Soft Ivory. Of all the products I purchased, this is the only one I haven't tried yet, but if it's anything like their True Match line, which I like a lot, I'm sure this will be a nice addition to my collection. The best part about this product is that it actually comes with a really nice, soft bristled brush to apply it with. I'm not actually sure that I'll wind up using the brush with powder, as it seems better suited to blush/highlighter, but it's a nice addition nonetheless. And this was probably the best steal in the whole lot: I got the powder for $3.75, reduced from $15 (I'm not sure how they get away with charging $15 for a drugstore powder in the first place)!

And there you have it! Eleven drugstore beauty products for less than $35 -- a savings of $50.92 -- unbelievable! If any of you all are able to head to CVS for a discounted haul of your own, please let me know what steals you were able to find in the comments section. Also stay tuned because I'll be doing reviews on some of these products in the near future. :)

1 comments :

  1. Hi Gabby! Thanks for your comment on my blog. I was able to take advantage of the major CVS sale also! LOL I got the same NYC City Duet Eyeshadow in Tribecca Toast!

    As for the ULTA Pro polishes...I JUST finished painting my nails a new color and I love the application on the PRO polishes. I haven't tried the regular one though. They go on nice and smooth, no streaking-except for one of the colors (Soho Pretty, which looks/is exactly like OPI's You don't know jacques) it is a little hard to apply. Other than that I'm happy with them..I have 5 already and will repurchase! Look out for the sales from ULTA and you could get them discounted! I got mine for buy 2 get 2!!!! Ok, I've spoken enough! LOL
    Have a great weekend!

    ~Irene
    ♥ NYCSh0paholic's Fabulous Blog ♥

    ReplyDelete

 

Blog Archive

I'm a member of Lady Project!

Popular Posts

PHLBloggers
Follow on Bloglovin