This Week in TV: 5/31-6/4

In addition to blogs about beauty and makeup, I'm going to do an entertainment series where I review and share my thoughts on my favorites in TV, books, film, theater and more.  Now, normally I'm not a huge TV fanatic, but summer reality series are a guilty pleasure of mine. In particular, I'm addicted to The Bachelorette, So You Think You Can Dance and everything on TLC (Kate Plus 8, Cake Boss, The Little Couple, Say Yes to The Dress, Toddlers & Tiaras, etc.). So I thought it would be fun to do a "This Week in TV" series where we can chat about all of the hot boys, amazing dancers and annoying stage moms that made TV fun for the week. The Bachelorette and SYTYCD will be regulars in this series, and then I'll throw in one TLC show (or other show I loved that week) for good measure. So without further ado, let's recap the week!

  
I started watching The Bachelor in its very first season with that greasy weirdo Alex Michel, and to be honest, I actually gave up on the series after that O'Connell (or is it O'Donnell) brother -- all of the couples kept breaking up, getting into legal trouble and whatnot. Suffice it to say, this season I'm hooked! I watched the first episode last week purely out of boredom and my eyes popped out of my head a little bit when I saw how insanely cute many of Ali's prospects were. I'll admit, I'm already rooting for the glasses-wearing cutie, Frank, whom Ali went on her first one-on-one date with this week (and then made out with on the top of a convertible underneath the stars). I was so happy to see that they had a love connection, although I secretly wish she'd dump him so I could stalk him and make him mine, haha.

 Frank                                          Craig M.

On the opposite end of the spectrum, there's the guy that I was SO happy to see leave: none other than the Patrick Dempsey, McDreamy wannabe Craig M. That guy made me SO mad. What was the point in taunting all of the other guys? Did he think that would make him look like more of a man, because seriously, it just brought out how immature and self-conscious he is. Plus, what's with the horrible fashion? Seriously, that dude cannot pick out a suit and matching shirt without looking like he stepped out of a mobster movie. Call in Clinton and Stacy from What Not to Wear please!


So You Think You Can Dance is by far my favorite summer series, so I'm glad that it's back for Season 7 instead of competing with my other favorite shows in the fall. So far, I'm enjoying the audition process, but I have to say I'm really disappointed with this "All Stars" marketing gimmick that they're trying to pull. Seriously, this isn't Survivor, and if they truly wanted to make the All Stars thing work they at least should be putting these folks head-to-head with the newbies to create some interest! Instead, they're hanging around like stale cheese that no one is really all that interested in anymore. Granted, I LOVED Mark, Twitch and Pasha, but c'mon, Courtney Galliano? She was an All Star? And Comfort? Did anyone really like those two during Season 5? If I remember correctly, the world was pretty mad when Chelsie Hightower was sent home and Courtney made it to the top 2 girls instead. And Comfort had been in the bottom three girls for weeks before she was sent home!

As for the auditionees, I'm really hoping that Alex Wong and Billy Bell make it into the top 5 guys -- and that guy with the injured hamstring who's name is escaping me at the moment. They are real stand-outs for me among the guys. For the girls, I really like that tap dancer chic and Ryan Ramirez, the former Mia Michaels stand in. Honestly, I'm not really sure why the judges love the Marge Simpson hair girl so much -- I think she's really gangly and throws her limbs about instead of dancing gracefully. Somehow I think they only kept her around because they like her sexy hair. Overall, I'm very excited to see who makes it into the top 10 next week!


Um, I love Glee. Like seriously love Glee. I am so sad that next week is the season finale, but it'll be quite interesting to see how they handle regionals. It seems obvious to me that the episode will end with them tying with Vocal Adrenaline so that they have to finagle some way in Season 3 to keep the Glee Club around. Although I'd love to see New Directions win, with Sue Sylvester as the judge that seems very unlikely. 

Overall, I didn't love the episode this week, although I did like Mr. Schuster's seduction of Sue and the way she wore that double strand of pearls to their "date" as if that really made the feminine difference in her coach get-up. And did anyone else notice aforementioned SYTYCD alumni Courtney in Quinn's "It's a Man's World" song? Check her out below -- she's just to Quinn's left in the pink and blue.


Also, does anyone else think it's strange that Quinn's baby belly gets bigger and then smaller in every other  scene? I keep waiting for it to be noticeably big and then I feel like sometimes I can see it and sometimes it's gone? I'm looking forward to her delivery...I wonder if she's really going to name the baby Beth like Puck suggested?
 
And with that, I shall wrap up this week's TV...my apologies for my overuse of the word "seriously" -- I'm in Grey's Anatomy withdrawal. See you next week!

0 comments :

Post a Comment

 

Blog Archive

I'm a member of Lady Project!

Popular Posts

PHLBloggers
Follow on Bloglovin